Youth Services librarian and former retail manager seeking to abolish the phrase "But that's the way it's always been done!"
And unattended children will be given espresso and a free puppy.
is there a pizzeria called “another one bites the crust” yet and if there isnt then why not
- 1: Talking myself out of buying books I can't afford.
- 2: Having a reading list that I won't be able to complete in one life time.
- 3: Every book looks appealing.
- 4: Everyone assumes that I've read every book they mention.
- 5: Then when I say I haven't read the book they mention, they give me one of "those" looks (you know what look I'm talking about."
- 6: I actually feel an ache to shop for books...online.
- 7: I'm running out of room.
- 8: All the books in one genre start sounding the same after a while.
- 9: Reading strikes.
- 10: Book Affairs.
- 11: Leaving a book half-finished.
- 12: Never finishing a series.
- 13: Not sleeping.
- 14: People talking to me when I'm trying to read a really good book.
- 15: Having a parent tell you that you read to much and/or spend too much money on books.
- 16: All of the bookcases and bookshelves on Tumblr look like something made for your future home.
- 17: Book porn. It's lethal.
- 18: Doing nothing all day because a book needs to be read.
Potomac Community Library got a new patio over the summer, but it’s beautiful in the winter too! We couldn’t resist going out to take a few pictures….Pleasantly surprised the weatherman was wrong when he forecasted just a dusting!
WHAT IS YOUR EARLIEST HUMAN MEMORY?
I remember the day my sister was born. I was four, and it was the 4th of July. We’d just moved and I was still on a mattress on the floor. I saw light shining in the doorway and a dress was hanging on the closet doorknob when I was awakened to go to the hospital. I don’t remember anything else except being upset that I missed the parade and the fireworks that day. It was a long time before I forgave my kid sister for that. She had the nerve to believe, when she got bigger, that the parade/fireworks were held just for her.
Oh wait, just remembered something earlier. I was three and had the whooping cough or croup or some other crud. I won’t share the gross details—let’s just say it involves a hospital, syrup of ipecac, and not warning my parents they gave it to me.